An Afterword......



This is the Pork Chop Filipino breakfast at Ludi's a downtown working class affordable eatery which will close soon. Just like so much of Seattle...Ludi’s will close at the end of the month due to high rents in the downtown Seattle core. My life in Seattle is like the personification of Ludi’s (you guys like me but I can’t afford to hang out with you in Belltown, Capitol Hill or the Central Area because the rents are too high.

These YouTube’s document the musical journey. For 2 years I played the same 2 songs, “Blues 4 Misty” and Opus 147 . Here are those YouTube links:

https://youtu.be/9V8fYDLGSn0

https://youtu.be/5U2BUjzy9M8

https://youtu.be/jxoxZ5yqii4

https://youtu.be/fFi0AldDMVE

https://youtu.be/8bmKzWyGeE0

It is widely recognized in our society that the poor have a character flaw. How else can we live our whole lives in this golden land of opportunity where immigrants come with nothing but a cardboard suitcase and become millionaires.  I see this in myself. I am a risk taker and rather than saving and investing slowly over a long period of years, I’ve always tried to get wealthy on the fast-track.

People that live in apartments will never have the rights and freedoms that homeowners do, even though those rights are implicitly granted... they are real because people respect money and ownership. When you think about police shootings...most happen on the street, in cars or on rental property. You are much less likely to die a violent death as a homeowner. You are a stake holder. Even your neighbors will raise a cry for justice if you are unfairly victimized. You are a neighbor, an equal, you are not the saggin pants boy gunned down on the corner for reachin for his comb.

Where I live, 96th & Aurora, there are lotsa neighbors in cheap motels that must hustle $80 a night for rent, plus food and self-medication. People take drugs openly. It is called harm reduction, which kinda means “please bring your heroin to the office for testing so you won’t overdose on fentanyl.

Karma is a MF. When I had an apartment I ran it sorta like a homeless drop in center, but my motto was "don't come empty handed "  . This means that if you didn't have money drugs or were going to do sexual duties you were not welcome. I let people. Some didn't get in. Two of the people that didn't get in got murdered. That was in part my fault:

Here there are:

https://stevensonfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/cody-rockroads/

https://q13fox.com/2015/03/11/man-drives-up-to-state-psychiatric-hospital-says-he-killed-his-girlfriend-body-is-in-car-trunk/

Those were people and I committed the sins of selfishness which will make you homeless!

That's why I accepted my fate with acquiescence - I've made mistakes and I needed to pay. Now that I have housing I have another haunting memory whenever I’m walking down the street or on the bus and I see one of my homeless buddies struggling....I think.....by the grace of God there go I....

At the new building where I live there are a lot of walkers, wheel chairs, and disabilities.....So how did I sneak under the radar? I was required to sign a document acknowledging my mental disability as part of my lease signing package. Honestly I think my mental disability was a consequence of my homelessness. So which came 1st?

DESC can help people to get apartments but a home is something you create within the walls of an apartment. It is a unique creation that expresses your individuality....without this aspect of living you can be housed but still homeless. A home is something no one can give you....you must create it for yourself once you have secured a physical location. This is why you can move someone in your home and despite this, because it"s your home and not theirs....they are still homeless. To really help the homeless you must cast votes for politicians that support homeless services.




Comments

Popular Posts