the West Wing



I moved to a new DESC shelter called the "West Wing", it's inside the King County Jail! It's very clean and you have 24 hour access. All the violent and DOC types are scared to go there because they think they will be permanently housed...This was a very cute trick...it's called self-selection...and through this process they have in effect segregated all the "high functioning" homeless to this location.

To my knowledge this is the first time DESC has every tried to help people that are working and actually trying to help themselves!

As I was leaving the Queen Anne Shelter I told all my left behind buddies not to worry about me:

" Cuz I'z movin right upunda Massa and his whole police force!" I'm sure I'll be safe and well-protected!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts