the William Booth Center

So I lost my spot at DESC's Queen Anne Shelter. They cater to a specific population of long term homeless substance abusers. If you don't attend that party.....they got no hat for you!  I was coming
from work with all the right papers n schedules and documents.....but they gave my bed to a dirty, non working guy that won't stop scratching......that's in their best interest.....he'll still be homeless next year, and 2 years, and 5 years from now...I won't be......so he's a better investment......he's job security!!!!!  The shelter business employs lots of people, program managers, case workers, ect......
When people get housing they become irrelevant....it is not in their best interest to find you long term housing......no matter what they say.......

William Booth has a completely different atmosphere, no drunk revilers are being chased around by staff, no one is fighting, or arguing, 90 percent of these guys are working, many have cars, many are banking money. In a dorm room with 50 guys you can't smell feet, pits or ass. These are Vets! They've lived like this in the military, while at QAS the dorm experience comes from behind prison bars!!!!!

WB is clean, quiet, and well-managed. You can mind your own business and no one bothers you!!
I'm in the dorm. They have nicer rooms upstairs. I trying to move upstairs but it will take time.

The car will be gone soon. , , and that car was the only thing distinguishing me from your average homeless bum. Now we're totally equal. It was my house, my refuge. Oh well. We need another one....

Comments

Popular Posts