more on shelter hours n social control.



Somehow the Blaine Shelter people explained "you were denied entry because you are slow to bring the documentation we required". That's not true. But it sounds good!

Bottom-line people cover for co-workers. That shelter director has that guys back eventhough he's in the wrong because he's lookin at : what do I value? My relationship with my co-workers or with the "homeless".

People die on the streets every cold night! When you put someone out on the streets in the cold you are committing murder!!!! If all I'm doing is coming in late, with prior approval, then why are they trying to kill me! They think this is a fuckin game!!!

The mayor just approved millions of dollars for more services like this: Services that are about " social control" not helping homeless people.

I've been at the shelter over a month, in that time, they have only placed 1 person in permanent housing. But out of 66 beds I'm seeing a lot of new people.  In merry-go-round fashion are the same groups of long term chronic homeless folks cycling thru the Blaine Shelter assuring long term shelter worker employment? Maybe so...

Comments

Popular Posts