...APCC is my "band' and my community...

I joined my 1st band at 13. It was called "Central Soul" . Ever since then I've always been a member or leader of a band. A musician needs other musicians to play and collaborate with. Without an apartment or rehearsal space my musical world was quickly fading, until I joined the choir at APCC.

The choir is my 'band'. I need those musicians because they are like me, we are people that love music because we can 'hear'  the music because we are listening.

Most all the choir music is written and sung in a traditional style. So although it lacks modernity there is a timeless grandeur that comes from singing 300 year old music in the same way that it was sung 300 years ago. There is a connection with the people and the culture of that time and their is a reassurance that the God they worshiped is the same God that we worship.

I need to recommit to really participate in the choir fully. I need this community connection to maintain my sanity and I'm very happy that they are there because I need them.

Comments

Popular Posts