um.......actually we 're not really homeless......We're bein kicked outta Seattle!!!.....I'm not goin.....!

What surprised me most about the shelter population is that most of these people like me, have an income. Whether it's from a job or disability or whatever, most everyone in the US gets some kinda
check every month......So if we have income.........why are we homeless......We are not.....we are being
kicked outta Seattle!

There are lotsa affordable apartments in Bremerton, Olympia, Lynnwood, Lakewood ect.........These apartments are within my budget. Also my DESC worker took me to a room in the Southend that was available. It was dirty. It was an East African guys house where he lived on the bottom and rented 5 rooms on the top. It was greasy and dirty. Even my caseworker acknowledged this. As we were leaving I remarked "I want to be in his program, the East African Mortage Assistance Program," because understand: with those DESC room referrals comin in with them payin , 1st , last and deposit, DESC is essentially helping him to buy his house.........Where do I sign up?????

I'm not leaving Seattle. I was born here. I worked here. I'm not leavin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts