a homeless birthday...

Today is my birthday! I am 57 years old today. Last night I went to sleep at the Blaine Shelter when I woke up I was homeless, sleeping on the bottom bunk on my birthday.

Everytime you go to sleep you forget the situation you were in before you fell asleep. So if you went to sleep on death row the night before your execution, you would forget that your execution is scheduled in the morning. The first coupla moments after you wake up and you think it's the first day
of the rest of your life....

but your life will be taken from you that morning...you remember and realize this.....this is what it's like to wake up homeless....you're expecting that you're in your apartment, but you're not, you're in a homeless shelter, it's your birthday, and you're homeless!

I got to Andrea's apt at the YWCA early this morning around 7:30. She was in good spirits and ready to celebrate. Around 3pm she started experiencing some severe abdominal pain, so we had to call 911. We are at Swedish. She is sleeping. I need someone to go drinking with, so I can get my free birthday drinks ! She got some medication and is resting quietly.......come to Swedish and take me out for drinks.....we're in Emergency....in room 11.....I'll be here all night....Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts