the Sherwood Cooperative pt 2

I missed the 1st dinner. I got cold feet. I read everything on their website and when I came across the words "food prepared without violence", I made an assumption that that meant they thought that all meat is harvested through violence...well actually it is....but I was going to convert to vegan just to have a place to stay.....

then I started thinking about missing "savory", not eating a steak or hamburger, or just not having the option to....so I didn't show and sent an email explaining that I was going to withdraw my application
based upon the house dietary restrictions. Well they wrote back and explained that they have all kinds of different dietary models in the house, from vegan to those that eat and prepare their own meat.

I think I'm becoming a victim. When you don't make it happen, meaning, things happen to you. Beyond your control? Blaine Shelter wants your manhood for the warmth, (they make you bring a note from your Master to verify you are out after dark on a job). Harborview's psyche ward, (they chain you to the bed), wants your freedom in exchange for warmth....so if all Sherwood wanted me
to give up was meat & dairy......well , comparatively, that's a good deal....

Ok, so I went there tanite. I met some of the residents. They are really nice diverse people, artist, students, software developers, ect...of all different races. So now we need all the positive energy we can create so that housing opportunity can manifest!!!! Send it....I'm receiving......acknowledged...thank you.....

The next step in the process is that they will invite me to send a letter of intent. In this missive I talk about why I'd like to be a member of the Sherwood Cooperative.

Whitman thought his epic poem "leaves of grass" could end slavery and prevent the Civil War if only it was read and received. I have a poetic work entitled "the shoe" which is part of the collected works I will assemble in a book entitled "the properties of grace". This book can end homelessness in Seattle if only we read and receive it.....

read "the shoe" https://rodgerpegues.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/the-shoe/

peace

rp




Comments

Popular Posts